- Fore-aft movement
- Supports power meter link
- Good road feel
- Quick and easy to fold
- Power measurment can be off and inconsistent
- Slow to respond in ERG mode
- Inconsistent cadence measurement
The Elite NERO is a fully interactive smart rollers with ANT+, Bluetooth, and FTMS compatibility. It can be used with apps such as Zwift, TrainerRoad, The Sufferfest, and many others.
If you are familiar with the Elite Quick motion rollers, this one probably looks very familiar. The Quick- Motion has three-level magnetic resistance and is not interactive where the NERO is fully interactive and supports communication with 3rd party apps.
Ok, I decided not to do the normal full in-depth review post like I have been doing. For all the details, and for time sake, watch the video above or click here. Everything you need to know is covered in the video. Enjoy and remember to subscribe!
- The NERO is a good roller for the novice or experienced riders. The fore-aft movement along with the parabolically shaped
rollers,makes it easy to ride.
- The NERO can simulate up to
7% slope. This is typical with smart rollers and generally enough to feel most gradient changes in Zwift or other apps.
- The Elite NERO is best used with your own power meter. It supports power meter link (power match). It can pair to your power meter in Bluetooth or ANT+ and use that instead of its own power measurement which can be inaccurate.
- I found the Elite NERO to be slow to respond in ERG mode. It can take over 20 seconds to reach your target power. Also, in ERG mode, the NERO worked best in the small chainring.
- The NERO is compatible with both road, triathlon, and mountain bike wheels. The front roller is adjustable with 11 different positions to allow for compatibility with different frames.
- I found the NERO to be quiet but that all depends on the type of wheel you use, tire pressure, and speed. But keep in mind rollers tend to be louder than direct drive trainers and can add a bit of vibration.
THE NERO KEY SPECS
- PRICE: $899.99
- MAXIMUM RESISTANCE: Up to 1,350 watts at 60km per hour.
- MAXIMUM SLOPE: 7%.
- FLYWHEEL: 2x flywheels. 6lbs (2.7kg) each.
- CLAIMED ACCURACY: Not listed. Supports power meter link (power match).
- BIKE COMPATIBILITY: Front roller is adjustable with 11 different positions to allow compatibility with road, TT, or MTB bikes.
- CONNECTIONS: ANT+ FE-C, Smart Bluetooth, and FTMS.
- CALIBRATION REQUIRED: Only if used without a power meter (not recommended for best power accuracy)
- METRICS: Transmits power, cadence and speed.
Support SMARTBikeTrainers and shop with Amazon or CleverTraining
Elite Nero Interactive Roller, Elite
|Current Price||$791.74||May 28, 2023|
|Highest Price||$999.99||August 6, 2022|
|Lowest Price||$691.57||March 17, 2023|
Last price changes
|$791.74||May 26, 2023|
|$791.73||May 24, 2023|
|$791.75||May 23, 2023|
|$791.74||May 18, 2023|
|$791.72||May 17, 2023|
Leave a Comment