I have been in the triathlon sport for many years. My first triathlon I completed was back in 2010. Since then, I got hooked and completed a number of ironman 70.3 and many full Ironman distances.
I have a competitive nature and wanted to be good at this sport. I invested a lot of time in training and equipment. Living in cold Ohio with a full-time job, kids and family, I have to spend a lot of my time training indoors. I’ve logged more time cycling indoors than cycling outdoors.
One common question I get is, how am I able to spend a lot of my time indoors. Aside from being motivated and setting goals, having a plan and good equipment makes the suffering a lot easier.
The past few years, the smart indoor bike trainer market blossomed and I was very intrigued to try them out. I wanted to share my experience with the different trainers out there and different indoor cycling software and apps available and this site was born.
You will find hands-on reviews on most bike trainers on this site. I spend weeks on each trainer putting real training hours on it to get a real feel for the trainer. Then I share my thoughts with you. None of my reviews are paid reviews or ads.
- 4X Ironman (140.6 distances).
- Have been competing in Half Ironman (70.3) distances every year since 2011 with over 20+ half ironman distances completed.
- Finished 2nd in age groups (35-39) and (40-44) and top 10 overall at Rev3 70.3 events.
- Finished 10th in Ironman Ohio 70.3 2016.
- Ironman All World Athlete 2016 & 2017 (Gold).
- USAT All American Athlete 2014 and 2016.