Yesterday, GIANT, the Taiwanese bike company, introduced CYCLOSMART, a new direct drive trainer. The company claims CYCLOSMART is a very quiet trainer with “low vibration”.
The new direct drive trainer is in line with the higher-end trainers and boasts up to 2,300 watts, 20% incline and a claimed accuracy of up to +/-2%.
CYCLOSMART is compatible with 9 to 11-speed cassettes, quick release and through axle. Also, it supports all the wireless standards. ANT+ FE-C, BLE and BLE FTMS making it compatible with all apps such as Zwift, TrainerRoad, and many others.
No information on when it will be available in the U.S. or other countries. It is priced at ¥ 126,000 and according to today’s currency prices, that should equal to $1,135.
- Resistance type: Active eddy current type brake
- Wireless standard: ANT +, ANT + FE-C, BLE, BLE FTMS
- Firmware update: Wireless
- Maximum power output: 2300 W
- Maximum simulation slope: 20%
- Power accuracy: +/- 2%
- Supported Wheel Size: Road (650 c, 700 c), MTB (24 “, 26”, 27.5 “, 29”)
- Compatible hub type: 130 mm and 135 mm quick release
142 x 12 mm and 148 x 12 mm BOOST thru axle
- Compatible Cassettes type: 9 to 11 speed (11-speed cassette included)=
- Front wheel block: Not needed
- Weight: 16.5 kg