We haven’t seen an update to the Garmin Tacx NEO smart bike in years but that changes today. The new NEO Bike Plus keeps the same design and feature set as the original NEO Bike but adds minor updates, new shifters, some tweaks, and a price increase.
- Updated shifters that look and feel like electronic shifting.
- 5 crank lengths.
- Price increase. The NEO Bike Plus retails for $3,999.99.
The new bike have an updated shifters to change gears with the precision and feel of electronic shifting. Shifters are programmable for SHIMANO, SRAM or Campagnolo.
The other major update with the new bike is the addition of two additional crank lengths. The new bike comes with 165, 167.5, 170, 172.5 & 175mm. Adjusting crank length is as easy as installing your pedals in the appropriate crank length slot.
Garmin also slightly tweaked the adjustment knobs and measurements display on the bike down to the millimeter.
Other than that, the new Tacx NEO Bike Plus delivers similar specs as the original NEO Bike and the same +/-1% power accuracy measurement, same road feel simulation, and same flywheel technology.
The NEO Bike Plus will be available soon in select locations, and retails for $3,999.99.
TACX NEO BIKE PLUS SPECS
- PRICE: $3,999.99 USD
- MAXIMUM POWER: 2,200 watts
- MAXIMUM INCLINE: 25%
- SHIFTERS: Integrated and programmable for SHIMANO, SRAM or Campagnolo.
- FLYWHEEL: Virtual with 32 neodymium magnets.
- POWER MEASUREMENT ACCURACY: < 1%
- CALIBRATION: Not required
- WIRELESS COMMUNICATION: ANT+ FE-C, Smart Bluetooth (one channel)
- OUTPUT: Power, cadence, speed
- GEAR RATIO: Chainring set-up: up to 3 sprockets, teeth per sprocket adjustable between 22 and 53 , Rear cassette: up to 12 sprockets, teeth per sprocket adjustable between 11 and 40
- Q-FACTOR: 147 mm
- CRANKS LENGTH: 165, 167.5, 170, 172.5 & 175mm.
- DISPLAY: 4.5 inch integrated display with 2 USB chargers. The display will show power, speed, cadence, heart rate, and gears selection.
- FANS: Two adjustable fans can be controlled manually or by speed, power, or heart rate.
It’s worth mentioning that the original bike is on clearance and you can get one for as low as $2,559 on Amazon or Competitive Cyclist. As you see, not much have changed with the new bike other than getting two additional crank lengths and new shifters.