Wahoo is back at it again, bringing innovation and versatility to your indoor cycling experience with the brand new KICKR Bike Shift. If you’ve been thinking of getting the KICKR Bike 2 but don’t want to spend $4,000, then this bike might be what you have been looking for. The KICKR Bike Shift is a more budget-friendly option without sacrificing quality and accuracy and might just be the bike for you!
The KICKR Bike Shift has kept some of the beloved features of the KICKR Bike 2 while introducing a few modifications and enhancing on others. Say goodbye to the Climb functionality as Wahoo paves the way for a lighter, pocket-friendly version of their renowned smart bike. Despite the slight shift in design, the KICKR Bike Shift offers an incredible blend of quality, accuracy, and affordability for riders of all levels.
Specs at a Glance:
- Price: $2,999.99 USD (A whole grand less than its elder sibling!)
- Flywheel: A newly designed electromagnetic flywheel promising rapid response to power and gradient changes. And it is whisper quiet. Much quieter the the KICKR Bike 2.
- Setup: A breeze to assemble, with user-friendly fittings and adjustments.
- Power Accuracy: : A consistent +/-1% and automatic calibration.
- Power Calibration: Not needed.
- Maximum Power: 2,200 watts
- Maximum Simulated Gradient: Simulates up to 20% inclines.
- Connectivity: Offers three Bluetooth channels, ANT+, and WiFi connectivity. It is fully compatible with most cycling apps.
- Direct Connect Port: Yes (requires Direct Connect dongle)
- Firmware Updates: Automatically updates firmware as long it’s connected to your WiFi network.
- ERG Easy Ramp: Yes (ERG Easy Ramp returns you to your power target over 10 seconds, easing you back into your workout so you can hit your targets).
- Race Mode: Not available yet.
- Integrated Display: No display available.
- USB ports: No ports available.
- Wheels for easy transport: Unfortunately, lacks wheels for easy transport – so be ready to flex those muscles when moving this 100 pounds beast around!
Head over to my YouTube channel where I dissect every aspect of the KICKR Bike Shift, giving you a comprehensive view of what to expect.
Thanks for watching!