- Accurate power & cadence measurement.
- Auto Calibration.
- Two Bluetooth channels
- ERG Mode responsiveness.
- Build Quality.
- Comfortable saddle.
- Very Quiet.
- Good media stand to hold your phone and tablet.
- Great Stages Cycling app.
- No gear shifting feedback.
- No visual gear display.
- Power meter requires batteries.
The Stages SB20 is a smart bike that works with smart cycling apps such as zwift, TrainerRoad, Wahoo RGT, Wahoo SYSTM and many others. This bike has been around for a number of years so is it still relevant as we head into the end of 2022 into 2023?
In my latest video, I will talk about the Stages SB20 specs, what I like and some of the things that can be improved and hopefully my review will help you decide if you are looking into investing into adding this beast of a machine into your pain cave.
STAGES SB20 KEY SPECS
- PRICE: $3,149.99 USD /GB £2,799.00 / €3.149,00.
- MAXIMUM POWER: 2,200 watts at 130 RPM.
- POWER MEASUREMENT ACCURACY: +/- 1.5%.
- CALIBRATION: Recommended. Auto calibration is available.
- MAXIMUM VIRTUAL GRADIENT: 25%.
- WIRELESS COMMUNICATION: ANT+ FE-C, Bluetooth FTMS (x2 BLE channels).
- METRICS MEASURED: Power, cadence, speed.
- VIRTUAL DOWNHILL SIMULATION: NO.
- FLYWHEEL: 50 lbs / 22.6 kg.
- GROUPSET: Programmable virtual groupset: Shimano/Campagnolo/Custom/Dream Drive.
- Q-FACTOR: 157 mm.
- CRANKS LENGTH: 165 mm, 170 mm, 172.5 mm or 175 mm.
- DISPLAY: No integrated display. You can use the Stages Cycling app to display gear, control the bike, and other configurations.
- USER HEIGHT RANGE: 4′ 10″ in to 6′ 10″ in / 1.47 m to 2.08 m.
- MAXIMUM USER WEIGHT: 300 lbs / 136 kg.
- SADDLE HEIGHT: RANGE: 52 cm-85.5 cm.
- HANDLEBAR: Standard 31.8mm.
- CHARGERS: 2 USB chargers: 5V – 2.1A max output.
WHERE TO BUY
The Stages SB20 smart bike is available to purchase at many retailers and online retailers in the U.S. and Europe.