- Accurate power & cadence measurement.
- Auto Calibration.
- Two Bluetooth channels
- ERG Mode responsiveness.
- Build Quality.
- Comfortable saddle.
- Very Quiet.
- Good media stand to hold your phone and tablet.
- Great Stages Cycling app.
- No gear shifting feedback.
- No visual gear display.
- Power meter requires batteries.
The Stages SB20 is a smart bike that works with smart cycling apps such as zwift, TrainerRoad, Wahoo RGT, Wahoo SYSTM and many others. This bike has been around for a number of years so is it still relevant as we head into the end of 2022 into 2023?
In my latest video, I will talk about the Stages SB20 specs, what I like and some of the things that can be improved and hopefully my review will help you decide if you are looking into investing into adding this beast of a machine into your pain cave.
STAGES SB20 KEY SPECS
- PRICE: $3,149.99 USD /GB £2,799.00 / €3.149,00.
- MAXIMUM POWER: 2,200 watts at 130 RPM.
- POWER MEASUREMENT ACCURACY: +/- 1.5%.
- CALIBRATION: Recommended. Auto calibration is available.
- MAXIMUM VIRTUAL GRADIENT: 25%.
- WIRELESS COMMUNICATION: ANT+ FE-C, Bluetooth FTMS (x2 BLE channels).
- METRICS MEASURED: Power, cadence, speed.
- VIRTUAL DOWNHILL SIMULATION: NO.
- FLYWHEEL: 50 lbs / 22.6 kg.
- GROUPSET: Programmable virtual groupset: Shimano/Campagnolo/Custom/Dream Drive.
- Q-FACTOR: 157 mm.
- CRANKS LENGTH: 165 mm, 170 mm, 172.5 mm or 175 mm.
- DISPLAY: No integrated display. You can use the Stages Cycling app to display gear, control the bike, and other configurations.
- USER HEIGHT RANGE: 4′ 10″ in to 6′ 10″ in / 1.47 m to 2.08 m.
- MAXIMUM USER WEIGHT: 300 lbs / 136 kg.
- SADDLE HEIGHT: RANGE: 52 cm-85.5 cm.
- HANDLEBAR: Standard 31.8mm.
- CHARGERS: 2 USB chargers: 5V – 2.1A max output.
WHERE TO BUY
The Stages SB20 smart bike is available to purchase at many retailers and online retailers in the U.S. and Europe.
Stages SB20 Smart Bike Indoor Trainer
wide-range electronic resistance and a 50 lb free-spinning flywheel for an incredibly realistic feel when climbing