SMARTCap (short for SMART Bike Trainers recap) is a summary of what happened this week at SMART Bike Trainers and from around the Web. Here is what happened this week:
FROM SMART BIKE TRAINERS
- TechnoGym MyCycling Smart Indoor Bike Trainer Hands-On Review
- Video: A look at TechnoGym, Unboxing, noise demo, and more
- Zwift Releases The Biggest Expansion to Watopia Yet: Alpe du Zwift
- Video: You can view my Alpe du Zwift full ride preview here
- Toggle For Workout Darkening Effect: Now you have the option to turn off the darkening effect that you see toward the end of harder intervals.
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- FULGAZ, the indoor training software is close to releasing their cycling app on Apple TV. I don’t have any more info on this as of yet but you will see more on this soon.
- PowerTap released a new firmware update to their P1/P1S pedals to fix the issue with Garmin displays where the “Right Pedal Missing” message was shown if the left pedal woke up before the right pedal. You can update the firmware using the PowerTap mobile app.
REI MEMBER PERKS
Don’t miss the REI is having their annual member sale starting today through April 4th. You get 20% off one full priced item and you double up on rewards. The sale includes all smart trainers including Wahoo KICKR, Tacx NEO, and CycleOps Hammer.
- To get the 20% discount, make sure you are a member, if not, you can add the membership at the checkout for $20.
- Enter coupon MEMPERKS at checkout.