Garmin announced the release of two new bike computers, the Edge 530 and Edge 830 about a month ago, along with a new speed and cadence sensors.
Garmin kept all the features you are familiar with if you have their older models, 520 or 820 but added additional features geared toward off-road riding and MTB, as well as dynamic performance monitoring and analytics and better navigation.
The Garmin 530 packs a bigger high-resolution color screen (246 x 322 pixels) than its predecessor. The Edge 530 has a 2.6” screen
Both Garmin 830 and 530 have similar features except the 830 is a touchscreen and comes with additional navigation features.
- Display size grows to 2.6″ from 2.3″.
- Dynamic performance monitoring provides insights into your VO2 max, recovery, training load, power curve, heat and altitude acclimation, nutrition, hydration and more.
- Hydration/Nutrition Alerts: It will automatically calculate how much water and nutrition you should be taking.
- Bike Alarm and Saftey Features The new computers include new bike alarm, group messaging and tracking, incident detection and compatibility with Varia™ rearview radar and lights so you can see and be seen
- Integrated Off-Course recalculation and back to start; mountain biking model has integrated Trailforks data, including trail difficulty ratings.
- Includes routable Garmin Cycle Map with popularity routing —which helps you ride like a local.
- ClimbPro feature automatically shows the remaining ascent and grade when you’re climbing while following a route or course.
- MTB dynamics track jump count, jump distance and hang time as well as Grit, a measure of the ride’s difficulty, and Flow, which tracks the smoothness of your descent so you have a score to beat next time.
- Find My Edge feature automatically detects the exact GPS location of your Garmin Edge device.
- Bluetooth Smart sensor support: about time… finally, Garmin started to slowly add Bluetooth support to its devices.
- Battery life: up to 20 hours with GPS and works with Garmin Charge™ power pack for up to 40 hours of additional battery life.
- Price: Garmin Edge 530 starts at $299 and Garmin Edge 830 starts at $399.
UNIQUE FEATURES OF THE EDGE 830
- Processing power is twice as fast in the Edge 830 than Edge 820.
- Ability to add the full destination address in the 830.
- Heat Map display data from GarminConnect.
- Point of Interest Database gives you the ability to search for a nearby restaurant or a coffee shop.
NEW SPEED AND CADENCE SENSORS
Garmin also released a new speed and cadence sensors to their lineup. Both wireless sensors now support dual ANT+ and Bluetooth for easy pairing to other mobile devices. Each sensor will cost you $40 and there is
Garmin Edge 530 and 830 are available to order now and should start shipping early next month.
|Current Price||$279.83||October 27, 2019|
|Highest Price||$299.99||October 3, 2019|
|Lowest Price||$265.50||November 18, 2019|
Last price changes
|$265.50||November 18, 2019|
|$279.83||October 27, 2019|
|$279.93||October 27, 2019|
|$279.98||October 25, 2019|
|$284.99||October 25, 2019|