Bkool showed off the Bkool Smart Air direct drive trainer last year. They had a pre-production model at Interbike but since then we haven’t heard anything from Bkool about the Smart Air. One year later, Bkool is bringing the Smart Air direct drive trainer back with its unique design, side-to-side rocking, and infrared sensors for power accuracy.
The Bkool Smart Air look different than other direct drive trainers. The direct drive unit itself looks floating in the air allowing for up to 6 degrees of side-to-side action for a more natural out-of-the-saddle feel. Bkool claims the Smart Air is one of the quietest direct drive trainers on the market.
Bkool attempted to launch the Smart Air last year. However, according to Bkool, after the initial batch, they had issues with the power meter accuracy so they stopped production and sales. The solution took longer than they anticipated so they decided to put production on hold and delay it until the next trainer season.
One year later, they reintroduced the Smart Air and it’s being tested in different markets. First production batch will be in Spain, then in January, we hope to see it here in the U.S. market.
SMART AIR TECHNICAL SPECS
- Maximum Power: 3,000 watts
- Maximum Slope: 25%
- Power Accuracy: +/-2%
- Dimensions: Height 28″ x Width 27″ (between the ends of the legs) x Length 33″ (legs included)
- Weight: 53 lbs
- Communications: Bluetooth and ANT + FE-C.
- Axle Compatibility: 12 mm and standard quick release axles
- Compatible with: Shimano or Sram 7-11 speed cassettes
- 12-speed Sunrace Cassettes for Shimano or Sram free hub bodies.
- 10-12 speed Campagnolo geared bikes, using Shimano or Sram, or Miche or Sunrace cassettes.