It’s been a while since we’ve seen new updates to Zwift courses. We’ve heard of the London expansion for a while now and it is finally here. They have also added spectators and pedestrians to the sidewalks in London to make it feel less ghost like.
Along with the London expansion, they’ve added 3 new routes to London and 1 for Watopia. These are all the new routes you will see:
- Greater London 8 (14.8mi / 23.8km) – This course covers the expansion, before heading out to Box hill for the finish.
- Greater London Loop (13.2mi / 21.2km) – A big loop around the outside of the course.
- The London Pretzel (34.6mi / 55.7km) – All roads, in both directions.
- Watopia: Three Sisters (30.0mi / 48.3km) – Shortest route with all three climbs
In addition to the new routes, Zwift continues to update their running mode. Run workout mode is now available with three tests workouts. Currently, you can’t create your own workout yet and Zwift is looking for feedback.
You can also add your run pace based on a recent race time (1mi, 5k, 10k, etc)and Zwift will estimate your zones to control the intensity of workouts.
Additionally, Zwift made a few changes and fixed a few bugs, such as:
- A/B/C/D/E group classifications on group rides will now have their classification badge shown on the ‘Riders Nearby’ list, so you can more easily tell who is in your group.
- Some events can now opt to hide non-event riders from view entirely.
- Assos ‘Go Long London’ mission added
- Zwift is now available in French
- G’ key on your keyboard, or graph button on the iOS button bar, will toggle watt/HR graphs when riding
- Giant Fluid ST trainer profile added
- Better connection robustness to Apple Watch when paired as a HR device via Zwift Mobile Link
These features are also live on iOS in the App Store, and will be live in our Apple TV BETA later this week. Expect hundreds more Apple TV invites to go out soon after.