Wahoo today released a new ELEMENT ROAM, a new GPS cycling computer with a new form factor and a color screen. The new ELEMENT ROAM has the same 2.7″ screen size as the bigger ELEMENT and 17+ hour battery life.
ROAM is designed with navigation in mind. The new Smart Navigation can automatically route you back onto a planned itinerary when you go off course, create a new route on the fly, or help you find the fastest way home.
NEW NAVIGATION FEATURE INCLUDE:
- Get Me Started : Navigates cyclists to the start of their route
- Back On Track: Navigates cyclists back to their route if they take a wrong turn
- Take Me
To:Allows cyclists to select a location on their ROAM using new pan and zoom functionality, and get directions to that location
- Saved Locations: Easily route to locations saved on ROAM
- Route To Start: Find the shortest route back to the start of your ride
- Retrace Route: Reverse your route to navigate back to the start along the original route
Like all Wahoo ELEMNT cycling computers, ROAM can be configured using the Wahoo Element app on your smartphone and integrates with the entire Wahoo Fitness Ecosystem, including KICKR smart trainers, TICKR heart rate monitors, and RPM Speed and Cadence sensors.
The ROAM is ANT+ and Smart Bluetooth compatible so it works with other ANT+ and Bluetooth compatible devices such as smart bike trainers from other brands, heart rate monitors, power meters, and speed and cadence sensors.
ROAM comes with an ambient light sensor that automatically turns the screen backlight on or off and adjusts the brightness of the screen based on your surroundings.