Adding your smart bike trainer to your Garmin Edge device is pretty easy. As long as your smart trainer is compatible, you can add it to your Garmin and record different metrics from the trainer such as speed, power, and cadence.
Also, you can send information from your Garmin to your smart trainer and be able to control your trainer from your Garmin device. You can also ride courses or in ERG mode if you have your workout programmed into the device already. Your smart trainer will have to be ANT+ FE-C compatible for your Edge to control resistance.
Here Is How to Pair Your Smart Trainer To Garmin Edge
In this example, I am using my Garmin Edge 520. The menu setup is very similar for other Garmin Edge devices.
- From the main menu, press the up arrow to go to Status
- Scroll down to “Connecting to Sensors”
- Click on “Add Sensor”
- Scroll down to “Indoor Trainer”
- Your Garmin will start searching for a nearby trainer. Make sure your indoor trainer is awake and
ready to pair. Usually turning the crank arm will wake your trainer up in most cases.
- Your trainer will appear in the menu, select the correct trainer ID and click the enter button (top right button) you should be able to find the trainer ID in the serial number. In this example, I am pairing the Elite Drivo.
- You can change the name if you want so you can actually see the name of the trainer instead of just the ID. This is useful if you have bunch of other sensors connected to your Garmin.
- Just select the name and it will take you to the name menu where you can enter the new name.
- Once you are done, you will be able to see your indoor trainer name under sensors and your Garmin will automatically connect to it every time it finds it.
That’s all to it. If you have any question, feel free to ask in the comment box below.