Another update from Zwift that is full of goodness. One notable update is running mode is now “Official”. Up until this update, to run on Zwift, you had to know of a secret back door to activate running mode. Now you will notice a running tap in the pairing screen where you can pair your running footpod and heart rate. You can also switch from cycling to running by going back to the pairing screen (press A on your keyboard) and switch from cycling to running. I am not sure how Zwift will record both workouts if you do that so I will have to test it and report back.
Footpod calibration is now possible with this update.
Trainer calibration was another welcome addition in this update. Your trainer must be paired as ANT+ FE-C for the calibration button to appear. This may take one or two runs of Zwift before Zwift properly detect the capabilities of your trainer. Until then the button on the pairing screen may not be visible.
Bluetooth calibration is currently only available for Wahoo and CycleOps trainers.
Here is a list of all the changes in the new update:
- Avatar customization redone for cycling, and is now available for runners as well
- ANT+ FE-C trainer calibration button added for some trainers. This may take one or two runs of Zwift before we properly detect the capabilities of your trainer. Until then the button on the pairing screen may not be visible. You must pair as FE-C to use this feature.
- Bluetooth support for calibration on Wahoo and Cycleops smart trainers
- Italian language support added
- Runners can now earn items and level up to level 10
- Running threshold pace increase detection added.
- Better support for many event subgroups to start in a single gated area
- August mission added
- Graphics slightly improved, ‘floating grass’ fixed
- Computrainer should now work more reliably
- ERG resume made slightly easier to trigger in workout mode
- Sim mode made more reliable on Wahoo and Cycleops trainers over bluetooth (Mac/iOS)
- Pair to Withings/Nokia account on your Zwift.com connections page and have your in-game weight updated any time you step on your Withings scale.
- MapMyRun / MapMyRide activity upload support added. Pair accounts via the Zwift.com connections page.